With less than a day to go for the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2015, we just wanted to swing by one final time and keep you, all our Bal Utsav runners updated on all the important details on the Race day so that each one of us, who have committed our energies, efforts and emotions to the event come back delighted. Please go through your relevant sections and don’t forget to give us a call for any issues.
Important points to remember on Race Day
All races start & finish from/at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
The Main points to note:
Entrance to the stadium complex: from Gate No.14 (on the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium Marg) and Gate No.8 (below the Barapullah elevated road). Do factor in time of around 45 minutes to enter Gate No. 14 and Gate No.8 due to security checks
IMPORTANT: Due to security reasons, only confirmed participants of the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2015 wearing the valid running number bib and Event crew will be allowed entrance into the stadium. Participants are requested to make necessary arrangements to meet their friends/ family/ supporters, pre and post the run, strictly outside the stadium premises. Entrance into the holding area is based on the wearing of current edition’s bibs of respective race category.
- DO NOT misplace your running number bib – we cannot issue a replacement.
- DO NOT exchange or hand over your bib to another person to wear and run
- Your bib number is synched to your personal details with us, we will not be able to service the correct runner incase of any race emergency, especially medical.
- Details on timing certificates (w.r.t. Half Marathon & DHL Corporate Champions) will not be changed due to any exchange of bibs.
- Your race day photo recognizes you only from your running number –the person in photo and name will not match!
- Any interchange will result in disqualification from the 2015 and 2016 editions of the event
- For 21 km Runners – Please note they will be allowed to enter specific areas only within the holding area depending upon the lineup area specified on the bib.
Post Your Run
- Once you cross the Finish Line, keep moving ahead–your fellow runners too would be crossing the finish line.
- Refreshment distribution counters – A post event refreshment pack will be handed over at the refreshment counters post the finish line. You will need to show your running number bib to our volunteers for them to handover the refreshment packet to you. Do use the disposal bag to throw leftovers in bins at the venue. Please do not litter in the venue/route premises.
- Race Day Photos www.marathon-photos.com is the official photographer of ADHM. Race day photos can be downloaded from the event website 48 hours after race day at a cost.
- Assembly into the stadium premises from 8:00 a.m. onward
- Jabong Run In Costume judging from 8:00 a.m. to 9:05 a.m.
- Holding area gates will be open From 8:30 a.m. to 9:35 a.m (Runners reaching holding area gate post 9:35 a.m. will not be allowed to participate in the Event)
- Run Start Time 9:35 a.m -Time limit for completion of the run 10:30 a.m.
Assembly into the CWD – Champions With Disability holding area From 6:30 a.m.to 7:15 a.m. (Participants reaching CWD holding area post 7:15 a.m. will not be allowed to participate in the Event)
CWD line – upstart 7:30 a.m
CWD – Start Time 7:35 a.m
Finish time limit of CWD 8:30 a.m. (Participants not reaching finish line by 8:30 a.m., must stick to footpath to reach the finish)
Assembly into the Senior Citizens Marquee From 7 a.m.to 7:30 am (Participants reaching Sr. Citizens Marquee post 7:30 a.m. will not be allowed to participate in the Event)
SCR line-upstart 7:45 am
SCR Start Time 8:00 am
Finish time limit of SCR 9:00 am (Participants not reaching finish line by 9:00 a.m., must stick to footpath to reach the finish)