We are delighted to be a part of the Daan Utsav, which is India’s ‘Festival of Giving’! Since 2009, this festival is celebrated every year, in the week including Gandhi Jayanti, i.e., October 2, and brings together Indians from all walks of life, to celebrate “Giving”.
This year we are exploring the possibility of having a Wish Tree put up in the lobby / canteen (or such area of maximum congregation of employees, customers and / or visitors) at your various corporate offices with Wish Cards, from Bal Utsav that can be supported by the Corporate organization and its employees.
Why the Wish Tree is a great idea for your company?
- It is great way to engage employees in giving back
- It will tangibly impact lives of the poor.
- It is fun activity that creates a sense of community.
- It brings a smile to everyone’s face in the morning when they come to work.
- It will make visitors to the company feel good.
The company can promote the concept through various intramedia options available and encourage employees to pick one card and participate in the Daan Utsav week. The more the number of cards that get picked up, the more they get replaced by Daan Utsav Smileys, also referred to as Wish Fruits, and the fruitier the tree looks and shows how many people are committing to the cause.
Sachin on Daan Utsav 2016
– A Wish Tree is literally a Wish Fulﬁlling tree, that gives you the opportunity to fulﬁll the wishes/ needs of Children supported by Bal Utsav.
– Wishes in the form of Leaves in a Tree are expressed in terms of money, volunteering hours or through donations in kind.
– Persons in your organization and visitors desirous of fulﬁlling any of these wishes, choose the need they may want to support and pledge the same by ﬁlling in their details on the reverse of the tag.