With less than 4 days to go for the TCS World 10k Marathon Bangalore 2014, we just wanted to swing by one final time and keep you, all our Bal Utsav runners updated on all the important details on the Race day so that each one of us, who have committed our energies, efforts and emotions to the event come back delighted. Please go through your relevant sections and don’t forget to give us a call for any issues.
Important points to remember on Race Day
- Assembly in holding areas -5:20 a.m. to 6:15 a.m
- Nike Warm Up – @ 5:30 a.m.
- Line up Gate opens – 6:15 a.m.
Open 10K Start Time – 6:20 a.m. (Finish time limit, 1.45 minutes from start time)
Entry points to the stadium are opposite St Josephs & Mallya Hospital ‘East Gate A & B:
o Runners of section ‘A’ & ‘B’ on their bib – Line up at Gate G 12 (Walk Left after entering the stadium from East gates)
o Runners of section ‘C’ & ‘D’ on their bib – Line up at Gate G11 (Walk Left after entering the stadium from East gates)
o Runners of section ‘E’ on their bib – Line up at Gate G10 (between the two East entry gates east into the stadium)
o Runners of section ‘F’ on their bib – Line up at Gate G8 (between the two East entry gates east into the stadium)
Recovery Zone post the run (behind indoor stadium)
Finisher medals for all Open 10K runners – Do collect it after the Run itself
Nike Finisher Tee for the top 850 male and top 150 female finishers.
Timing certificates available for download from event website within 21 days after the event date.
- Enter Stadium through East Gates – Vittal Mallya Road / South Gate – Raja Ram Mohan Roy Road (Pallavi Theatre)
- Holding Area entrance gates within the stadium – G5, G6, G7, G8, G10, G11, G12
- Entry Gates to Majja Runners will close by 8.45 am, so please be in the stands before time
KingFisher Run in costume – Race-day judging: between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m.
- Holding Area is Archery Ground – Enter from East Gate B – opp Mallya Hospital and turn left or enter from South Gate on Raja Ram Mohan Roy road and turn right to get to the Archery ground.
- Bibs must be worn over costumes.
- Do not carry props representing any form of arms, ammunition or weapons
- Participants can participate either as an individual or as part of a group.
- Participants can then join the Majja Runners.
- Drop off Point is DYSS Gate – opp Coffee Day Square on Mallya Road turning and turn left for Gate C – The holding area for CWDs
- Assemble time 7.30 am to 8.30 am
- Start Time 8.35 am – Finish Time Limit 9.25 am
CWD Marquee : Volleyball court
o Fun & Games
o Post event refreshments
o Finishers medals to both participant and attendee
Leaders of CWD teams please come on Saturday – the 17t h May 2014 and check all points of entry, exit, etc to avoid confusions and delay on Sunday.
- Get to Kanteerava Stadium well before time.
- Non participants can watch raceday proceedings at the viewing gallery – entry from Gate G7 – in the kanteerva Stadium
- If you do not reach the finishline within the stipulated time, please stick to the footpath to reach the finishline.
- Baggage counters are only for Open10K and DHLCorporate Champions participants. It is strongly recommended that you do not leave valuables like mobilephone, camera, jewellery, watch, electronic gadgets, etc. in the bag stored. Organizers are not responsible for any loss of baggage and/or its belongings
- Participants are requested to cooperate with the police and security personnel deputed at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium and on route. Participants/ supporters are liable to random checking on raceday – this is for your own security.
- For any assistance or to report a medical or any other emergency you may observe on race day, reach out to the event volunteer closest to you or simply call the Event Helpline Number +91-80-41739955.
- Parking passes are available on 17th May 2014 between 11 am to 2 pm at the Temporary Expo outside the Kanteerva Indoor Stadium. Charges are Rs 100 for a four wheeler & Rs 50 for a two wheeler. It is advised to car pool. Also on Race Day parking will be open at St Joseph’s grounds at the cost.
All your Care Champions & Corporate Care Teams have been informed about the details for them and we will take care of them on the Race Day.