Vidyadaan is an initiative to bring life-changing opportunities to students in need. Vidyadaan, an initiative of Deeksha, in partnership with Bal Utsav is offering meritorious students from underserved backgrounds, life-changing opportunities to pursue their passions by offering a full scholarship, for upto 40 children during the academic year 2018-19. We need your help in awarding the Vidyadaan scholarship to meritorious students from underserved backgrounds, who have completed class 10 exams but do not have the means to pursue further education. Starting June 2018, upto 40 students will be awarded a full scholarship to pursue Pre University Courses at a Deeksha Campus in Karnataka.
Applications for the Vidyadaan Scholarships are open until Saturday, 26th May 2018.
Vidyadaan promises to change lives through Education
– Through Vidyadaan we want to #ReimagineEducation by opening high-quality programs to students from low income families. We believe in the sheer force of passion for excellence in academics. When students come alive and truly find their spark, curiosity follows. This curiosity for both learning and life leads to long-term success.
– There’s no greater risk than a student hardening to their own potential.
– Everyone deserves to have equal opportunities.
– Students are more engaged when they can follow their interests.
How to Nominate Deserving Students
– We are looking for students who are exceptional, who live in high-poverty areas, and yet participate in and pass advanced academic criteria on par (or even better) with students from privileged backgrounds. We can’t wait to receive your nominations and help 40 more students study harder and have higher grades and attendance in an amazing academic campus. We will be giving out more scholarships early next year and are excited to see the continued impact they can have on a student’s education.
– The nominated student must have a gross academic score of more than 85% for scholarship in Science and more than 75% for scholarship in Commerce (in the just concluded SSLC 10th Standard Exams)
– The nominated student must be from the economically weaker section, with an annual family income not more than ₹ 300,000/-
– 2 years of Pre University /Intermediate Education at a Deeksha campus in a stream that the student opts for along with intensive coaching to take up the PU Board exams along with competitive exams like JEE, NEET, KVPY, Olympiad, JIPMER, VITEE, etc
– Teaching through Deeksa’s time tested teaching methodologies by highly qualified and trained faculty in an audio visual learning environment.
– Study Material prepared by industry experts.
– Mentoring and Life skills program for all round growth.
– Rs.1001 as fees for VidyaDaan
– Travel to the campus.
FAQs – Most of your Queries, Answered
Who can apply for the Vidyadaan scholarship?
What is the time period for which the scholarship is covered?
What is the selection process for the scholarship?
Where will the classes be held?
Will performance of the student be monitored during the 2 year scholarship?
What are the expenses that the student will have to incur?
What documents are needed to be uploaded while applying for scholarship?
– Institution Verification Form. (Mandatory)
– Income Certificate: Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the State/UT Government is required (Mandatory).
– Declaration of the Student. (Mandatory)
What documents are needed for verification after application?
– Institution Verification Form. (Mandatory)
– Income Certificate:Income Certificate of Parent/Guardian issued by the Competent Authority in the State Government is required(Mandatory).
– Declaration of the Student. (Mandatory).
Can I edit the information already saved and up to what time?
Do I have to fill up the online application in one sitting?
Is there any ApplicationID?
What is the process of verification of my application?
The Selection Process
– Receiving Applications: Bal Utsav receives the applications. These applications are reviewed and deserving students who come from low income backgrounds, preferably having studied in a Government School/ NGO Run School, Low Cost Private School, Orphanage/ Childrens Shelter and those who are first generation Learners are short-listed.
– Personal Interview: These students who are shortlisted are called for a personal interview, for which they are asked to be present along with their parent or guardian. The personal interview is conducted to assess the student’s attitude and willingness to study further. The genuineness of the details provided by the student/parent or guardian is also verified during the interview.
– House Visits: The purpose of the house visit is to assess the information and verify the facts provided by the student and their parent/guardian during the personal interview. The financial background and the life style of the student’s family are also assessed during the visit. Bal Utsav Staff doing the House visit, fill in forms to mention whether there is electricity facility or not, residing house is hut/tile roof/ concrete, educational qualification of the parents and siblings, whether the father is alcoholic or not etc. Weightage points are given to these parameters at a later stage.
– Scoring and Selection: The final list of students for the given academic year would be determined by the socio-economic scoring against various parameters filled during House visit, along with their academic scores in V, VIII & X exams.
– The Vidyadaan committee will select the final list of candidates who meet the eligibility criteriav
– The final admissions will be subject to verification of all documents and undertakings submitted by the student
– Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates and Handover of Scholarship