We know that without great teachers, nothing else matters. In every Bal Utsav school, teachers are changing history – from the way they look each student in the eye with respect when shaking hands in the morning to the way they approach lesson planning with deep rigour and genuine joy in mind. Consider whether you’d like to call them colleagues.
At Bal Utsav, we have always wanted teachers know that effective teacher training is essential. We believe in providing our staff with leadership positions and opportunities to grow their careers in education, and we provide professional development at all levels of the organisation.
Teachers hold primary responsibility for the implementation and development of Bal Utsav’ curriculum and the success of its students. Therefore, Bal Utsav seeks teachers who are committed to continuously improving curriculum and instructional design through collaboration and learning together.
- Implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards;
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards;
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices;
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions;
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behaviour;
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards;
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues;
- Participate in an annual six-week staff orientation and training;
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom;
- Proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom;
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects;
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player;
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. A background in education is preferred, though candidates who show a demonstrated passion for working with children will also be considered; Note: Those pursuing their course through distance education may also apply.
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in a school is a must.
- Belief in and alignment with Bal Utsav’ core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.